• Sumeet Jain is a Founding Partner of 7GC based in San Francisco and brings a perspective to investing that comes from having been intimately involved with entrepreneurship and technology from multiple angles – as an experienced investor, a startup executive and operator, an engineer, a strategy consultant, and an investment banker.
• Sumeet previously was a co-founder and General Partner of LUMA Capital Partners, a director at Intel Capital and Partner at CMEA Capital. Sumeet led or managed investments in over 20 companies and served on the board of directors of over a dozen companies including Hooklogic, iControl, Kaltura, Apriso, Surgiquest, AWR and Schoology.
• Previously, Sumeet was with Goldman Sachs & Co. where he executed over $3 billion in transactions across mergers and acquisitions as well as equity and debt financing transactions for many venture and private equity backed companies.
• Sumeet also had executive roles at two startups, iManage, a content management software company until its acquisition by Interwoven in 2003 and Personify, an early web analytics software company (acquired by Accrue Software)
• Sumeet has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science from Cornell University and a MBA in Entrepreneurial Management and Finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He was selected as a Wharton 40 under 40 in 2015.